1.11.2005

Thanks!

thanks Thuy for setting this up!

Image Hosted by 
<br />ImageShack.us

Here is where I am to date on my blanket - its worked with two strands of worsted weight (Im using Wool Ease - its not my first choice butI wanted to be able to wash it ) on size 10.5 circular needles. I think I was a little overly ambitious here - it will take forever to finish. I can usually only get three or four rows done in a typical weeknight evening. Im trying to finish up a scarf Im making with some Handpainted yarn before I jump back in on this one.

Speaking of handpainted yarn - have any of you used it? Its really terrific - but I have two skeins of the same color and I finished the first one and when I went to coninue with the other - its almost a totally different color - much lighter than the first. I guess thats the nature of the yarn, so now I have to work an equal amount of the new color on my scarf to make it look like I did it on purpose - its going to be a reaaalllly long scarf. Here it is shortly after starting the darker blue and before the addition of the second skein of the lighter blue....

Image Hosted by 
<br />ImageShack.us

good luck eveybody.. Have fun
donny

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Hi Donny - the blanket looks amazing! I'm thinking of making an aran blanket too, but I'm afraid I'll never finish it! Somehow a sweater seems more do-able.

And hand-painted yarn... I've never used it, but the Santa Barbara people seem to be addicted to it like crack! I haven't succombed yet, but the merino is amazingly soft stuff.

11:00 AM  
Blogger tellen said...

Donnie, I think your blanket is beautiful! And I admire you for taking on a project of that magnitude. :) This -along will be my first Aran project but I am excited to start it. As for handpaintedyarn, I am a big fan. I have had that same problem with color variation but someone told me to work each ball every other row. So, it ends up striping but mixing the colors up so it's not so blocked. I do sooo love there yarn though.

12:14 PM  
Blogger xmasberry said...

your blanket looks great! i KNOW i would never finish it, although there is a gorgeous shawl/throw/whatchmacallit thing in the aran knitting book i got from the library that i was eyeing. but, i am always yearning for more sweaters, so i think i am going to stick on that route for now...

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home