2.28.2005

"The Pattern's in the Mail"

I ordered the pattern for this sweater:



It's the cable Aran pattern of my Irish family heritage complete with descriptions of the symbolic meanings of the cables and my family crest.

But... they (ClanAran.com) emailed me back to say that their sweaters and patterns have been more popular than they had imagined and everything's been taking a month longer than usual to get out.

I wish they could just scan and email it to me then. Don't they have scanners in Ireland?

Anyway.... I'll continue to wait for my pattern in the mail - and perhaps I'll do the saxton scarf in the meantime or something else to ease my cable cravings.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jayme said...

that's lovely!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

That's the coolest thing ever! I'm sending the link to the "McDonald" one to my hubby to see if he likes it. I had no idea that there was such a thing as a clan aran - awesome!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Brandi said...

I have wanted to send for the pattern for our name, but just can't afford such luxuries right now. So decided to create my own pattern from the picture for a pillow for my dad since he'd never wear anything knit. Hopefully it comes through for you soon.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to order the pattern for my clan sweater. I've gotten no response at all. Seems as if they don't want to sell a lonely pattern, not enuff money coming in from it. If you ever do get your pattern could you let me knw exactly what you had to do to get it?

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you seen this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aran_sweater

There are no such thing as family sweaters it seems :{

4:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love this pattern, too! Any idea what the name of the pattern is, specifically, the arrows with the honeycomb in between? I have never seen this before.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home